5 super brain yoga exercises to boost your gray matter
Yoga asanas and pranayama for the brain
Yoga is a science that harnesses the innate capability of the body to improve its powers and functioning. It can act as an instant cognitive boost. It helps relieve stress, which enhances the functioning of the brain. Also, breathing through the left nostril activates the right brain and vice versa. Super brain yoga has also caught on among professionals and educators. It is a short and simple exercise to increase your brain power.
- Helps calm the mind
- Releases negative emotions like anger, agitation, frustration, and anxiety
- Improves concentration and memory
- Builds confidence
- Stretches the spine, helps relieve stress
- Relaxes the mind by removing negative emotions like irritability and anger
Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Helps improve blood flow to the brain and calm the nervous system
- Stretches the back and neck, reducing stress and fatigue
- Strengthens and stretches the neck and spine, relaxing tight muscles and improving blood circulation to the brain
- Calms the brain and nervous system, thereby reducing anxiety, stress, and depression
- Regulates and normalizes the functioning of thyroid and parathyroid glands, thus improvingthe brain’s functioning
- Nourishes the brain as more blood reaches the pineal and hypothalamus glands
- Helps improve all cognitive functions
How to do super brain yoga?
- Stand tall and straight, with your arms on the side.
- Lift your left arm and hold your right earlobe with your thumb and index finger. Your thumb should be in front.
- Lift your right arm and hold your left earlobe. Your right arm should be over your left arm.
- Inhale deeply and squat down slowly to a sitting position.
- Stay in this position for 2-3 seconds.
- Gently exhale as you rise up again. This completes one cycle.
- You may repeat this cycle about 15 times every day.